Sunday, September 21, 2008

Curious Cooking

Lately, I've been wanting to venture out and try foods that I've never had before. I've been curious in the kitchen. So, my hub and I went to the Farmer's Market this weekend and picked up a few things. We both had never had eggplant before so we thought we'd try it. Today, I cooked up an Eggplant Parmesan recipe. It got rave reviews and 4 1/2 stars on Allrecipes.com so I thought I was in for a treat. And...apparently I don't like eggplant. My hub enjoyed it, though. So, I'm chalking it up to my tastebuds. If you like eggplant, give the recipe a shot.

Eggplant Parmesan
Allrecipes.com
3 eggplant, peeled and thinly sliced 
(I only used 1 large eggplant and estimated the other ingredients from there)
2 eggs, beaten
4 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
6 cups spaghetti sauce, divided
1 (16 oz.) package mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Dip eggplant slices in egg, then bread crumbs. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes on each side. In a 9x13-inch baking dish, spread spaghetti sauce to cover the bottom. Place a layer of eggplant slices in the sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Repeat with remaining ingredients, ending with the cheeses. (As you might be able to tell from the photo, I only did a single layer.) Sprinkle basil on top. Bake for 35 minutes, or until golden brown.

1 comment:

Crystal Chick said...

I tried eggplant for the first time when I was in CA. I didn't like it either.

Related Posts with Thumbnails