Sunday, September 28, 2008

Football Dip

On Sundays during football season, I like to make things for my hub and me to munch on. He watches the games almost all day and I enjoy my time in the kitchen while he's "busy." I stumbled upon this quick and easy dip recipe today and thought I'd give it a shot. I made a couple of revisions, though. I used ground turkey instead of ground beef (as I do for everything) and I added taco seasoning to the meat and a little to the cream cheese. I also used less processed cheese. It just seemed like it was going to be a lot. And I cooked it for closer to 20 minutes. It was pretty good, if I do say so myself.

Allrecipes.com
1 pound ground beef
1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, room temp.
1 (8-oz.) jar prepared salsa
1 pound loaf processed cheese, sliced or cubed.
Directions: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring to crumble, until no longer pink. Drain off grease. Spread the cream cheese in an even layer in the bottom of a 9-inch square baking dish. Spread a layer of salsa over the cream cheese, then cover with a layer of ground beef. Top with slices of processed cheese and cover the dish with aluminum foil. Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until heated through. Serve hot.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails