Monday, September 15, 2008

Raspberry Crisp

I've been wanting to make raspberry ... something for a while now, as the hub has had a craving. And after I stumbled upon Little Birdie Secrets' Blackberry Crisp this weekend, I thought I'd give it a go (substituting raspberries for blackberries, of course). I've never made a crisp of any kind, but the recipe was really simple and looked really yummy. And it did not disappoint. It was really good, even though I messed up. I used a cup less raspberries. But, I think the extra sugar just helped off-set the tartness of the berries and all was well. I've added what I did to the recipe below. Enjoy!

Raspberry Crisp
3 cups raspberries (I bet blueberries would also be fabulous!)
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup cold butter
3/4 cup rolled oats
2/3 cup brown sugar

Directions: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Pour raspberries in a casserole dish or pie plate. Pour 1 cup of sugar over the berries and gently mix. For the topping, combine cinnamon, flour, brown sugar and oats. Cut in butter with a pastry cutter or two knives until mixture is crumbly. Cover the raspberries with the topping. Bake for 30-45 minutes or until brown. My reduced amount of raspberries seemed to have some effect on the topping staying afloat, but it was no biggie because we liked it just the same!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails