Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Blueberry Streusel Muffins

I broke out the boxed muffin mix I had in the pantry this morning. It was a muffin morning, what can I say. Anyway, I wanted to add a little something to them, but I wasn't sure what. So, I hopped on Allrecipes.com and found a recipe for Blueberry Streusel Muffins. Obviously, I already had the blueberry muffins. But, the streusel...now that was a different story. So, I made the streusel part of the recipe and topped the muffin mix before popping it in the oven. They were done only a few minutes before I was due out the door, but I had my hub quickly taste test before I took them to work with me. (In case they were absolutely vile, ya know?) He said they were "different." Now, I know from experience that this is my hub's way of saying (without actually saying), "Not your best work, babe." So, I had a quick bite and boy was he right. The streusel was kind of dry and wasn't all that good. "It needs some butter," he said. He was right. So, I slathered some butter on each of the hot muffins and, I must say, it was much better after that. Not healthy, but more yummy. So, if you want to try this, I'd recommend adding some extra butter. But, here's the recipe:

Muffin-Topping Streusel
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter, chilled
Directions: In a small bowl, mix together flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle topping over unbaked muffins. Cook muffins as directed.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails