Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Whole Wheat Snickerdoodles

I've never baked with whole wheat flour before. But, in an effort to be a bit healthier, I picked some up at the store a few weeks ago. And when I stumbled upon this recipe for Whole Wheat Snickerdoodles, I decided to give it a go. They were actually really good. I mean, you could tell that they were "different," but they were still good. And I'm all about sneaking in the healthy when I can. Just a word of warning, the dough is a bit messy to work with and I'd add a couple of minutes to the baking time.

Whole Wheat Snickerdoodles
Allrecipes.com
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
2 tablespoons white sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions: Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla. Beat well. Add dry ingredients (minus white sugar and cinnamon). Shape dough into 1-inch balls and roll in sugar cinnamon mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten slightly with a drinking glass. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails