Monday, November 24, 2008

Best Birthday Cake...EVER


I want to start off my saying this is the best birthday cake...ever. Hands down. Seriously. Ever. And I have to give my mom-in-law all the credit. She makes me this cake every year for my birthday and it never, ever gets old. It might even get yummier. Anyway, my dad's birthday is the 25th, but we won't be home then. So, I thought we'd just celebrate while they were visiting. After going out for dinner and a movie, we came back for cake and presents. Everything was great. Dinner was awesome. The movie was hysterical. And the cake got rave reviews. If you want to try it for yourself, grab a box of chocolate cake mix (I used Devil's Food). Bake the cake according to directions on the box. After it's cooled, poke holes in the top of the cake with the handle of a wooden spoon or something of the like (I used the wide end of a chopstick). Heat a jar of hot fudge in the microwave and pour over the holes in the cake. Cool and frost (I used chocolate buttercream). Top with chocolate curls, if desired. Can you tell that I'm a pretty big fan of chocolate? The more, the better, I always say!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oops that last comment for the best b'day cake should have had a smiley :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails