Monday, December 8, 2008

Puppy Chow

The hub and I put up the Christmas tree and all that jazz this weekend. Whenever we decorate at my in-law's house, my MIL makes finger foods for everyone to munch on throughout the day. We drink sparkling juice and load up on dips and desserts. So, I have continued the tradition by making a few dishes while the hub and I do the decorating at our apartment. This year, I wanted to whip up some puppy chow, too. I realize that all puppy chow recipes include essentially the same ingredients. But, I've most often seen butter mixed up in there. This recipe calls for peanut butter instead and it is soooo good.

Puppy Chow
9 cups Chex rice cereal squares (I think I only used about 8)
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used a whole bag)
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
Directions: In a saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate (or you can just use the microwave, like I did). Add peanut butter and mix until smooth. Remove from heat, add cereal and stir until coated. Pour powdered sugar into large plastic bag, add coated cereal and shake until well coated. Store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails