Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Asian Tuna Patties

Once and a while I find a recipe that just wows me. Last night was one of those times. I made Asian tuna patties and they...were...awesome! Seriously, what a great meal. I wrapped a lettuce leaf around each of the patties and served it with a side of Asian steamed veggies in an orange sauce (courtesy of my grocer's freezer). Yum, Yum, Yum!

Asian Tuna Patties
2 (6-oz.) cans of tuna, drained and flaked
1 egg, beaten
3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
3 green onions, minced
1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
1 tablespoon ketchup
1 teaspoon sesame oil (I actually used sesame-flavored chili oil)
1 teaspoon black pepper (I skipped this since my oil was spicy)
1/2 cup cornmeal
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions: In a large bowl, mix tuna, egg, bread crumbs, green onions and garlic. Blend soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, ketchup, sesame oil and pepper into the mixture. Form the mixture into about 6 patties, approximately 1-inch thick. Lightly sprinkle each patty on all sides with cornmeal. Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Fry each patty about 5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are GOOD! I skipped the garlic, cornmeal, and sesame oil (I didn't have any), and double the teryaki sauce to heighten the asian flavor. My family was skeptical when I told them what was on the menu that night, but they have requested them 2 or 3 times a week since I made them. Great recipe.

Jen S. said...

Fantastic! So glad that your family is enjoying them! :)

Janelle said...

I am making these tonight. They look so good. I REALLY like the idea of wrapping in the lettuce leaves. Thanks for posting them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails