Saturday, January 3, 2009

Cranberry-Orange Spiced Oatmeal

I should start off this post by saying that I'm not really a fan of oatmeal. I really really want to like it, especially considering the health benefits. But, I just can't seem to make it work for me. I still try different recipes from time to time, in the unrealistic hope that I will magically learn to like oatmeal. It didn't work this time and it probably never will, but I wanted to post this recipe anyway because it got a really good rating on Allrecipes and the ingredients make it sound so good. So, if you're an oatmeal-lover, give this one a shot.

Cranberry-Orange Spiced Oatmeal
3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (or to taste)
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1/4 teaspoon ground tumeric (optional)
1 pinch ground ginger (optional)
1 cup water
1/4 cup orange juice (or as needed)
Directions: Place the rolled oats, cinnamon, cranberries and blueberries in a microwave-safe bowl. Add the tumeric and ginger, if desired. Pour in the water and stir to mix ingredients. Cook on high until water is absorbed, about 2 minutes. Stir in orange juice to desired consistency.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails