Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Easy Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Cookies

I've mentioned before that I'm trying to incorporate more whole wheat into our diets and if I can make it taste good, that's all the better. I made whole wheat snickerdoodles a while back and they were good enough for me to give another whole wheat cookie recipe a shot. After coming across a recipe for whole wheat peanut butter cookies (while looking up chicken recipes, go figure) after dinner last night, I decided to try it out. They were actually really good. I mean, you can tell that the whole wheat is hiding in there, but they were good. And they don't use any white sugar (bonus!).

Easy Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Cookies
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, mix together the peanut butter, butter, honey, brown sugar and egg until smooth. Combine the whole wheat flour and baking powder. Then, stir into the batter until blended. (I then put the dough in the freezer for a little bit to stiffen it up. Otherwise, it was hard to work with). Roll into small balls and place on a greased cookie sheet. Flatten slightly using a fork. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cookies are slightly toasted at the edges. (I'd recommend checking them at about 10 minutes or so. My dough balls were smaller, but that was perfect timing.)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails