Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Happy Birthday, Hub!

My hub turns the ripe old age of 24 today. For this special occasion, the birthday boy requested a raspberry cheesecake instead of a traditional birthday cake and I was happy to oblige. I called up my mom and she passed along her recipe. I can't believe how easy/good it was.

No-Bake Cheesecake
Courtesy of my Momma
1 pre-made graham cracker crust
1 8-oz. package of cream cheese, softened
1 14-oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla
Pie filling of your choice for topping
Directions: Beat cream cheese until fluffy. Slowly add milk (if you add it too quickly, you'll end up with chunky cheesecake and no one wants that). Blend thoroughly. Stir in vanilla and lemon juice. Add the mixture to the crust and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours. Add topping of your choice. Like I said, my hub is a raspberry fan, but my mom usually does cherry and it's awesome!

1 comment:

Crystal Chick said...

that looks delicious!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails