Sunday, January 4, 2009

Mock Tuna Salad

I roasted chickpeas a while back and, ever since, I just can't seem to get enough. You see, I dislike most beans, which stinks since they're so high in protein and all... But, after I discovered garbanzo beans (or chickpeas), I got super excited and decided to incorporate them into more recipes. I tried this Mock Tuna Salad from Allrecipes today and it was soooo good. It was a little bit difficult to mash all of the chickpeas, but in the end, it was more than worth it. I'm packing this in my lunch with some crackers for tomorrow.

Mock Tuna Salad
1 (19 oz.) can garbanzo beans, drained and mashed
(I only had 2 15 oz. cans, so I measured out and
mashed the 19 oz. and roasted the rest of them in the oven)
2 tablespoons mayo (I used Miracle Whip)
2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
2 green onions, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
Directions: In a medium bowl, combine garbanzo beans, mayo, mustard, relish, chopped green onions, salt and pepper. Mix well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love chickpeas, too. I eat them mostly in hummus, but that's because I really don't have any other recipes for them. I'll be sure to give this a try! -- Denise

Related Posts with Thumbnails