Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Apple Enchiladas

We had a hankering for something sweet after supper last night, so I thought I'd give an apple enchilada recipe that I found earlier in the day a try. They were really good. Like, surprisingly good for how simple they were to make. I used "No Sugar Added" apple pie filling and it was still plenty sweet. A dollop of fat free Cool Whip was a great compliment, although I'm sure a nice scoop of vanilla ice cream would be out of this world. I topped it all off with a cinnamon sugar mix and it was just delightful. Be sure to microwave the tortillas for a few seconds before you add the filling. They're much easier to work with that way. Next time, I'll roll the tortillas tighter and use 1/3 cup of water (as stated in the revised recipe below), since my sauce was a little on the runny side with the 1/2 cup that the original recipe called for. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

Apple Enchiladas
1 (21-oz.) can apple pie filling
6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
1/3 cup margarine
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup water
Directions:  Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat tortillas for a few seconds in the microwave so that they're easier to work with. Spoon fruit evenly onto all tortillas, sprinkle with cinnamon. Roll up tortillas and place seam side down on lightly greased 8x8 baking pan. Bring margarine, sugars and water to a boil in a medium sauce pan. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring constantly for 3 minutes. Pour sauce evenly over tortillas. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails