Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Pom Pom Flowers

When we moved, we had to downsize to a smaller apartment due to the lack of pet-friendly places for rent in the area. Everything is smaller and I no longer have a mantel to decorate.
Sad.
But, I still have the small shelves that I used to have above them and I wasn't quite sure what to do with them. Luckily, I saw that Maggie made some pom pom flowers recently and I knew that I wanted to try my hand at them, too. Here's how they turned out...

I used a multi-colored skein of brown yarn, which matches all of my living room furniture and a couple of small pieces of floral wire.

Tada!
It was super easy and they're pretty cute, if I do say so myself...and I do. Now, I'm going to look for some wallet-sized picture frames to see if I can't complete the look.
Whatdoyathink?
Related Posts with Thumbnails