Thursday, January 21, 2010

Walnut Blondies w. Maple Butter Sauce

When I asked my hub what kind of cake he wanted for his birthday this year, he had no specific requests. So, I decided to try a copycat recipe of Applebee's Walnut Blondie with Maple Butter Sauce (which we love) to mix things up a bit. I remembered seeing mouth-watering photos on Bakerella's site a while back and used the same recipe that she did.


Oh my goodness,
was it sweet!
REALLY sweet.

Rarely do I find a dessert that's too rich for me, but this one definitely falls into that category. The hub really enjoyed them, which was the whole point anyway. But, I think I'll pass on the sauce next time. It just put it over the top for me. Seriously, though, do yourself a favor and whip up some of these blondies (with or without the sauce!). They're super easy and sure to please!

Walnut Blondies w. Maple Butter Sauce

Walnut Blondies:
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. baking soda
1/8 tsp. salt
1 cup flour, sifted
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/3 cup melted butter or margarine
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup white chocolate chips

Maple Butter Sauce:
3/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup chopped walnuts

Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add baking powder, baking soda and salt to the already sifted flour. Then, sift dry ingredients again. Add chopped nuts and mix well. Set aside. Add brown sugar to melted butter and mix well. Then, add egg and vanilla extract. Mix well. Add flour mixture, a little at a time, until mixed well. Stir in white chocolate chips. Spread out dough in a 9-inch (I used 8x8) pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Use a toothpick to test the center. In a pan, add maple syrup and butter. Cook over a low heat until the butter is melted. Next, stir in brown sugar until completely dissolved. Add walnuts. Serve the warm brownie with ice cream and maple butter sauce.

Happy baking!
And a happy 25th to my hub!



1 comment:

*Kelsey said...

Hey, the Maple Butter Blondie is also my fiance's favorite dessert and I make it every few months. I have found several different recipes for it and have spent alot of time trying to perfect the recipe. I also made it for my fiance's birthday in January and he also turned 25!! What a coincidence!!! The sauce is the hardest part, I have found that alot of recipes have different ingredients. I make my sauce with your recipe but add cream cheese and powdered sugar to taste! It makes it creamier and alot better!!! Hope this helps!

Related Posts with Thumbnails