Friday, February 19, 2010

Krafts for Katelyn

Hi friends.
I have an announcement to make. 
But first, I need to introduce you to my dear friend, Katelyn.

Isn't she just the cutest?
You're probably wondering why I am acquainting you with her. I wish my featuring her here could be under better circumstances, but unfortunately, that's not the case. Last weekend, Katelyn was admitted to the hospital, where she was diagnosed with AML leukemia shortly thereafter. It's always a shock to hear that kind of news, but when it's about a 23-year-old, ray-of-sunshine kind of person, it's an especially hard pill to swallow. Katelyn is a wonderful friend, but more than that, she's family. When she came to visit my sister, Jessica, and I at college a few years ago, someone asked us if she was our sister. Jess and I both just kind of looked at each other before answering, "yes." Because that's what she is to us. She's our other sister. 
And, family sticks together.

That's why I am going to be holding an auction on this blog all of next week to raise funds to assist with Katelyn's medical expenses. I'll be featuring one (or more!) handmade items each day. Every item will be left up for exactly one week, with bidding going on in the comments section. I'll announce the winner the following day, who can then make their donation via PayPal. 
Sound like a plan?
 Great!
I can't tell you how very much it would mean to me if you could spread the word. 
Tell your friends. 
Facebook it. 
Tweet about it. 
Let people know anyway you can.
And just to offer up a little bit of a teaser for you , the always awesome Miss Maggie has generously offered up one of her adorable crocheted cupcake purses as the first item for auction that will be listed bright and early Monday morning. It's going to be a custom purse, so be thinking about your color preferences!


 Oh, and could I possibly ask you for one more favor?
What are your favorite Homemade by Jen crafts?
What would you like to have off the blog and in your home?
Let me know and I'll get to working. And if anyone has any homemade goodies that they would be willing to put up for auction, please don't hesitate to e-mail me at jenniferlstout@gmail.com. Your contribution would be so appreciated. Thanks! You guys are the absolute best.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

I think you should put up more of the washer necklaces and maybe some earrings.

Crystal Chick said...

You know I'd love to help out in any way I can. Maybe an 8x10 print? FB me and we can talk details.

And yes, auction off those washer necklaces!

Related Posts with Thumbnails