Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Personalized Memory Game

A few weeks ago, my sister and I both couldn't sleep and ended up chatting online at 3 a.m. At 4 a.m., I convinced her to pick me up and take me to IHOP for pancakes. Talk about a great start to the day. :) After breakfast, we went to the store to look for randomness to buy for Katelyn because we were planning on going to visit her that day. In between picking out coloring books and novelty items, we found ourselves in the game aisle. And I remembered an idea that I had seen several times around the blogosphere. What if we brought Katelyn a memory game with her friends' faces on it?! And that's what we did. It was actually very simple and the end result was lots of fun.


Here's what you need:
wooden discs from the craft store
fun scrapbook paper
photos (I just printed mine on computer paper)
Mod Podge
coordinating paper craft punch (optional, but TONS easier)
Essentially, just cut circles out of the scrapbook paper, cut out the pictures that you want to use and get to Mod Podging!
It's that easy.


While Katelyn liked the game, I liked her reaction even more. After coming back into the room and finding the game arranged for her on the table, she said, 
"What is this? Are we playing POGS?!" 
Too funny. 
On a sidenote, remember pogs?

3 comments:

Jaclyn said...

1) One of the many reasons I am insanely envious of sibling relationships: Chatting at 3 a.m. that will lead to a 4 a.m. breakfast.

2) What a fab and hilarious personalized gift idea!

charryse said...

do you have any mod-podge tips for first time users? I got all the stuff to make these and am just a little afraid of mod-podge. Thanks for all the wonderful craft ideas.

Jen S. said...

Oh, Mod Podge is my #1 craft staple! It is SO easy and SO versatile! I like to use small paint brushes (the dollar store kind) or sponge brushes (http://www.save-on-crafts.com/foambrushes.html) for bigger projects. Just apply a thin layer of Mod Podge on the wood, lay your paper of top so that it acts like a glue. When that's dry (which shouldn't take too long), apply another thin layer on top of the paper to seal it. It goes on white, but will dry clear. I use the Matte Mod Podge most often, but the glossy kind is great, too! Let me know if you have any trouble! I can't wait to see what you come up with for your little lady. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails