Monday, April 26, 2010

A Vase...or a Vaaaz, Depending on Your Pronunciation



I picked up this little vase a while back to make a button bouquet to sell at Katelyn's Benefit. Well, actually I picked up several because they were cheap ($1 at Target!) and they kept getting dinged up in the bag on the way home or I'd drop them. Have I mentioned that I'm a bit of a clutz? Anyway, after making 3 trips to purchase vases, I ended up having a few to spare, but I didn't want to keep them green. So, I decided to paint it. But after I tried painting it white, it didn't look all that great. So, I decided to mix it up a bit.


And since I had a handful of purple and pink button flowers already made up with nothing to put them in, I think I was just drawn to those colors.

It came together nicely.

It's just kind of funky and fun.
I like it.

PS-Pretty please disregard the garbage bag in the background of these photos. I was using it to paint on and forgot to move it. What an eyesore...

2 comments:

Jaclyn said...

OK, your paint job is 152 times cooler than the green live/laugh/love dealio.

Jen said...

152?! WOW! I'll take it! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails