Monday, May 17, 2010

Butter Bean Burgers

The hub & I have been trying to cut back on our meat consumption lately. So, I've been on the lookout for new meatless recipes to try and we gave this one a go last night. I'm not a bean person at all, but we both liked these burgers a lot and they were no trouble at all to make!


1 (15 oz.) can butter beans, drained
1 small onion, chopped
1 tbs. finely chopped jalapeño pepper 
6 saltine crackers, crushed
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
Vegetable oil
Salt & pepper to taste
Directions: In a medium bowl, mash butter beans. Mix onions, jalapeño pepper, crushed crackers, egg, cheese, garlic powder, salt & pepper. Divide into 4 equal parts & shape into patties. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry patties until golden on each side. We did about 3 minutes on each side. And that's all there is to it! We put a dab of mayo on ours and next time I'd add some crunchy lettuce leaves, but I think that's the only thing that I'd change. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails