Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Something New

A friend of mine got married last weekend and since she's appreciative of handmade goodies, I decided to make her a wedding gift. I don't know if you've noticed or not, but I'm a pretty big fan of silhouettes in general. There's something classic and simple that I just love about them. So, I decided to make a silhouette of her and her new hubby.

I just used Photoshop to make the silhouettes and added their names & wedding date at the bottom for keepsake's sake.

Throw in a nice frame for good measure and you've got yourself a wedding gift! I'm pretty happy with how it turned out and I hope the bride is, too.

6 comments:

Jaclyn said...

Jen, that's beautiful! I hope to see those on your Etsy shop soon -- what a wonderful wedding gift.

Anonymous said...

And I love it!!! Thanks so much Jen!

ash

Jen said...

Wow! Ya think so, Jaclyn?! Thanks for the compliment! And I'm sooooooooo glad that you like it, Ash! Congrats again! :)

Crystal Chick said...

Since you are doing silhouettes in Photoshop, you should take a look at Design Aglows silhouette guide. I know it's a little pricey, but if you were to ever be interested in making money off the silhouettes, this is a good place to start! At the very least, click the sample image and you can get some inspiration. (I've used Design Aglow for other templates before, they are very useful!)

Jen said...

Thanks for the tip, Crystal!

Crystal Chick said...

I thought I gave you the link, but I'm a goober... http://www.designaglow.com/store/product/59/Inspire-Guide%3A-silhouettes

Related Posts with Thumbnails