Monday, June 7, 2010

Travel Bingo

A friend of mine is packing up her 3 kiddos and moving from Illinois to Texas in a few days and I thought it might be nice to come up with a game for them to play on the long ride to their new home. I've seen lots and lots of versions of travel bingo. They're all generally the same, but it's often hard to find a game that kids of all ages will enjoy. But, that's the beauty of making things yourself. You can change things to suit you/your kids (or your friend's kids, in my case).

For Becca, age 7

For Bradley, age 15

For James, age 4

I know that the images are kind of blurry, but they're not in real life. As you can see, the degree of difficulty varies by age. Plus, I like the personalization at the top. I think kids, especially the youngsters, like to see their names on things. I got most of my images from Clker.com. I created the bingo sheets in Word and saved them as PDFs to easily e-mail & to have on hand for future copies. Just pick up some small stickers (small so that they can still see the image on the card sticking out so that they can verify their space...if your family is competitive) and you've got a great road trip game that kids of all ages will (hopefully) enjoy! I don't have kids of my own yet, but I've gotta think that the prep time would be worth the quiet time in the car. :)

2 comments:

Kim said...

These were WONDERFUL!!! I made extra copies and we have used them on both trips back and forth from Illinois to Texas!!! thank you so much Jen!!!

Jen said...

So glad that the kids enjoyed them! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails