Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Acorn Squash

I made this acorn squash the other night and wanted to share it with you all. I had actually never had acorn squash before, so this was a first in tasting and preparing. 


I didn't exactly follow the recipe. Instead, I took the advice of one of the reviewers and cut the acorn squash in half & seeded it.  Microwave on high for 5 minutes.  Put about a tablespoon of butter in each half and spread it around the top edges and inside.  Lightly sprinkle with nutmeg & then about twice as much cinnamon. Add 1-2 tablespoons brown sugar in each half and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

It was pretty darn good. With the nutmeg (which I eye-balled and may have over-done), I felt kind of like it was a bit much after a while & I couldn't quite finish it. But, overall, it was good and seriously easy!
Annnd it screams, "Fall is here!"

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails