Monday, October 11, 2010

A Fall Yarn Wreath

I realized recently that I don't have a fall wreath & that, my friends, was a problem that needed to be rectified. So, I got to work on a yarn wreath recently & here's how it went...

The supplies (minus a bit of glue).
I decided on a simple yarn wreath, but you'll notice from the following photos that I kind of changed directions halfway through, which is why I didn't end up using the green & orange yarn that's pictured.

Instead of just plain yarn, I decided to add this felt flower that I've been wanting to try for a while now. I didn't follow the directions for the center and it shows, haha. But, overall, I'm happy with it.
(& I kind of want to make one to pin on my winter coat...)

And here's the finished product.
I used the brown to all the way around the foam form & just did little sections of green & gold-ish. If I had to do it again, I think I'd either swap out the green (which is so dark it's kind of hard to distinguish from the brown) for a different shad of green or just replace it with orange altogether. Unfortunately, after I made the flower, I realized that the orange skein that I had didn't match. And since I hate to abandon a craft that I'm excited about halfway through, I decide to make due with some green I had leftover from a project a while back. 
In general, though, not too shabby...

What colors would be in your fall wreath?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails