Friday, October 29, 2010

Mini-cupcakes

I stayed up waaay too late last night baking mini-cupcakes. We're having a Halloween party at my work today & since baking 150-ish full-sized cupcakes would be too time-consuming/costly for me, I went with mini-cupcakes. Did you know that the little paper candy cups that are used for truffles/bonbons & the like make for great mini-cupcake wrappers? Well, if you didn't, you do now!

I've found that a box of cake mix makes about 60 to 70-ish mini-cupakes. I think the best way to fill the cups is by putting the batter into a plastic baggie & piping it in. Bake for 15-17 minutes, depending on the mix (check with a toothpick). Let cool & frost. :)

I made red velvet, carrot cake, & lemon mini-cupcakes.
Mmmmmmmmmmm!
Happy (early) Halloween, friends!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails