Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Pumpkin Cupcakes

Blog reader & old friend, Laurie K., mentioned a vegan chocolate cupcake recipe a while back & I've been wanting to try it ever since.Unfortunately, when I got it in my head to try it the other night, I didn't have what I needed. So, I had to wing it and ended up with something totally different.

Here's Laurie's recipe, which sounds SO yum!
Mix a box of chocolate cake mix, a can of pumpkin, & 2/3 cup water. Follow the baking temp. on the box & bake for 20-25 minutes. Frost with a glaze made of 4 cups powdered sugar & 1/4 cup orange juice. The glaze is really sweet, so a little dab will do ya! According to Laurie, they taste a little like gingerbread! Sounds amazing, no?

Now, I had to make due & used a box of white cake mix, a can of pumpkin, a tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice, & 2/3 cup of water. It made 18 cupcakes, which cooked for about 24 minutes. Then, I un-veganized it. My heart was in the right place, I swear, but I just couldn't say no to the cream cheese frosting that was in my pantry.
I think I literally heard it call my name.
In any case, avoiding the eggs & oil is always a plus in my book! What about you, friends? Do you have any tricks up your sleeve for making healthier versions of desserts & such?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails