Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas Cookies

I had a holiday baking extravaganza today. I ended up being in the kitchen for something like 6 hours. Exhausting, but totally worth it. I lost count of the cookies, but I made three different kinds and ended up with more than enough for 3 regular-sized tins, 2 small tins, 2 big tins, and 1 ginormous tin.Oh, and I had plenty leftover for the hub, too. I hope the recipients like them. Anyway, these are the varieties that I whipped up this year. Enjoy!

Chocolate Chip Butterscotch
Courtesy of my mom-in-law
1 cup butter (softened)
1 cup shortening
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
4 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
3 eggs
4 teaspoons vanilla
12 oz. package of chocolate chips
12 oz. packages of butterscotch chips
Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla thoroughly. Stir in remaining ingredients (For a softer, rounder cookie, add 1/2 cup flour). Drop dough by rounded teaspoon on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes, or until light brown. Cool slightly before removing from cookie sheet.

Annnnd.... I forgot to take a photo of these, but they were my favorite (& super easy!). I took the advice of some commenters & reduced the amount of flour to 2 cups, but that's the only thing that I changed. YUM!


Sooo...what are your favorite holiday baked goodies, friends?

1 comment:

Annmaree (Emu) said...

thes elook awesome!

I just made gingerbread cookies (on my blog) but your look nicer!

Related Posts with Thumbnails