Sunday, December 5, 2010

A Christmas Tradition

I've mentioned before (here & here) that the hub & I have a tradition of making each other a Christmas ornament every year. This time, we decided on making each other gingerbread houses out of felt. 

Here are the supplies:

And the final products!

I made the top ornament & the bottom one is the hub's handiwork. These ended up taking us a while longer than we thought they would. I actually started over twice. But, I'm happy with them. I added a little bit of stuffing to mine, but the hub's didn't seem to need it. So, there you have it. The 2010 Stout house Christmas ornaments!

So...
Do you have any special handmade holiday traditions, friends?
Any special treats or diy gifts?

1 comment:

Jaclyn said...

Not yet! It's the first xmas with the beau, and we put up his tree last night. He said he hasn't put the tree up in years ... so I hope that might be the start of a tradition. I worried he was just doing it to appease me (I'm kind of an xmas tree slut: His was totally the third I helped decorate) but when we shut off the lights and watched a movie w/ just the tree on, I know he was glad it was up, too :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails