Monday, December 20, 2010

Garden Pumpkin Soup

The hub & I had some pumpkin soup recently that was so very yum! When I asked what was in it, I was was told of the Moosewood Restaurant in New York. I got to googling when I got home, found several knock-off recipes, and knew I had to try it for myself. So, without further adieu, I present to you...Garden Pumpkin Soup!

 Garden Pumpkin Soup
2 lbs. pumpkin (I used 2 cans of pureed pumpkin)
2 bay leaves 
1/4 teaspoon marjoram
1 chopped onion
1/4 teaspoon celery seeds
1 cup canned diced tomatoes (drained of excess juices)
3 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup dry white wine
5 cups vegetable broth
1 tablespoon honey
1 cup heavy cream
Salt & pepper to taste
Directions: Place all ingredients besides the cream in a large saucepan. Simmer on medium heat until heated through & well mixed. Remove bay leaves and turn heat to low. Gradually stir in cream and heat through, but do not allow to boil. I'd soften the onion next time by sauteing it a bit before adding it to the soup, but that's the only thing I'd change. :)

Pair it with some day-old bread for dipping and you've got yourself a nice, hearty meal for a cold winter's night!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails