Monday, February 21, 2011

Black Pepper Cookies

When one of my friends posted a photo of a uniquely named cookie on Facebook recently, I knew I wanted to try it, too. Well, he was kind enough to share his recipe for Black Pepper Cookies with me & I finally got around to making them last night.
Deeelish (according to me, the hub, & my co-workers)!


Black Pepper Cookies
Courtesy of Erik Lyday
3 cups flour
1 ½ cups cocoa
1 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon cinnamon
  3 sticks(!) butter
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
Directions:  Mix butter and sugar until smooth. Add flour, cocoa, salt, pepper, & cinnamon and mix well. Finally, add eggs and vanilla. Roll into “logs” on plastic wrap and freeze. When ready to bake, roll in sugar and cut into disks. Bake at 350 for 4 minutes, rotate, and bake for another 4 minutes. I did a test batch of 2 cookies to see if the time was appropriate for the thickness of the cookie disks & I suggest doing the same. 

Thanks again for sharing, Erik!

4 comments:

Crystal Chick said...

They sound interesting and look yummy! Can you taste the black pepper?

Jen said...

Just ever so slightly. It's more cocoa tasting than anything. :)

Emily said...

These cookies look delish! I'm always looking for new baking adventures. :)

Lindsay said...

Okay not gonna lie these sound totally strange but I like strange things lol! I just made chocolate avocado muffins and those two ingredients worked beautiful together. Bookmarking this :)

 Delighted Momma

Related Posts with Thumbnails