Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Almond Cookies

Yesterday was a rough day at work.
Have you ever had 10+ files up & walk off your hard drive?
That happened to me.
Have you ever had that happen and then the IT Dept. couldn't restore your mysteriously missing files?
Yeah, that happened to me, too.

Like I said, yesterday was rough and it made for a looong day.
Buuut, the hub made it all better by surprising me with cookies when I got home. He's the best.

He can correct me if I'm wrong, but this may very well have been his first solo attempt at baking cookies. He is a total natural.

This was the convo we had when I got home.
Hub: I made these cookies to cheer you up.
Me: Ooooo! What kind are they?
Hub: Just try them.
Me: Oh man, those are goood!
Hub: Aren't they? But, they are really bad for you.
Me: Is it the butter?
Hub: Yeah. A lot of it.
Me: Two sticks?
Hub: Yeah, how did you know?
Me: The best cookies always do...


Almond Cookies
2 3/4 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup cold butter
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 tsp. almond extract
Almonds (whole, slivered, whatever you fancy)
Directions: Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Cut the butter into small pieces, add to the bowl, and cut the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Add eggs and almond extract and stir until just combined. Lightly flour hands, then roll dough into one-inch balls. Place balls on cookie sheet and press an almond into the top of each one, flattening the cookies slightly (or sprinkle with slivered almonds like the hub did). Bake until bottoms are golden, about 15-20 minutes.

2 comments:

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

LMAO!! Yes, more butter = more delicious!

He did a great job cause they look wonderful and it was really sweet of him to cheer you up! :)

nate stout said...

You are correct. It was my first time. Glad you enjoyed them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails