Sunday, May 8, 2011

Vegan Pumpkin Alfredo

I whipped up a new dish for dinner tonight & it was pretty darn good. The sauce ended up being a little bit on the thick side. So, I mixed in a little bit of extra olive oil at the end & that did the trick! I might even add a smidge of water next time to thin it out even a bit more. This was suuuper filling & I'm hoping it holds up well in the fridge because we had a ton of leftovers. Enjoy!


1 12-16-oz. package of pasta (I used a 16 oz.)
1 12-oz. package silken tofu
3/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
1/4 cup ground flaxseed (flaxseed meal)
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. ground allspice
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
Olive oil & sea salt to taste
Directions: Cook pasta according to directions on the package. While pasta is cooking, combine all sauce ingredients in a food processor (I used a blender). Blend until smooth. When pasta is finished cooking, drain, rinse, & return to pot. Toss in a light amount of olive oil to evenly coat noodles. Salt lightly, if desired. Combine sauce with the pasta until the desired pasta/sauce ratio is reached. 
Related Posts with Thumbnails