Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Still Smitten

On May 20th, the hub & I celebrated 5 years of wedded bliss. And when I say bliss, I really mean it. I consider one of my life's greatest gifts to be finding the hub at such a young age. He makes me happier than I ever thought that I would be and I'm so happy that we're still so in love.

To celebrate, we decided to renew our vows in a little ceremony with just the two of us. We just got the photos in the mail this week & I couldn't wait to share some of them here. While I didn't end up making anything myself for the ceremony, I did stumble upon a couple of great Etsy finds that I wanted to pass along. Plus, I'll use any excuse I can to show off my handsome hub.

It was perfect.
In case you're interested, my dress was from Shabby Apple
& the hub's tie was an Etsy find.

We chose Castle Farms in Charlevoix, Michigan as the location for our ceremony & it provided a spectacular backdrop for photos.

Two oversized, bright yellow balloons added a nice pop of color.

We exchanged the same vows that we did on our wedding day, tweaking them to reflect our 5 years already spent together. We also read each other lines of a version of Roy Croft's On Friendship poem.

From a distance.

Exchanging renewal rings.

Smoochin!

We just loved our sweet little cake toppers (another Esty find). We used a cake stand & plates that we scored at a thrift store and the same serving utensils as we did on our wedding day.

It was such a perfect day. I didn't want it to end. But, it's so nice to be able to relive the moment thanks to our fantastic photographer,
Leah Renee Photography.

Thanks for indulging me, friends! If you liked what you saw, keep your eyes peeled for a giveaway tomorrow featuring something that we are so happy to have as a keepsake from our special day...

1 comment:

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Very sweet! Happy Anniversary! My hubby and I just celebrated 4 years in June! It has been wonderful for us too! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails