Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My Sunshine

Hi, all.
I wish that I were back with a fun craft or a new recipe to share with you, but sadly, that is not the case. On August 20th, my dear friend, Katelyn, passed away after a hard fought battle with leukemia. Since you all were so very generous during Krafts for Katelyn, I felt as though I should share the news here. 


From the bottom of my heart, thanks again to all who donated & bid on Krafts for Katelyn auction items. She was so touched by the generosity of (mostly) complete strangers & felt so loved. 
Truthfully, I was too.

As was so eloquently put in her eulogy, 
"She may no longer be present to light up our days, but she is now the warmest ray of midday sunshine and the brightest star in the night sky."

5 comments:

Jen said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'll be sending good thoughts your way!

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

So sorry to hear about the passing of this beautiful young woman. Many prayers for go out to her friends and family.

MarySew said...

I am so sorry :(

Jaclyn said...

This gives me chills and is making me tear up. I'm so so sorry, Jen.

Kate @ Suburban Sweetheart said...

I just read about Katelyn in your piece on Jaclyn's blog - I'm so sorry to hear that she lost her battle with this terrible disease.

Related Posts with Thumbnails