Sunday, October 9, 2011

Cinnamon Roll Pancakes

After stumbling upon this recipe for cinnamon roll pancakes recently, it immediately made my "to do" list. Is it just me or does a lazy weekend morning just seems to be the perfect time to try a new breakfast recipe?

The hub (who is a spatula master) handled the pancakes while I mixed the filling & glaze. We used unsweetened almond milk & light cream cheese, but those are the only changes we made to the original recipe. They are, indeed, time consuming since they have to be cooked at a low temperature (& they really do, trust me), but they are soooo, so worth it!

Pre-glaze cinnamon roll pancakes.

Cinnamon roll pancakes with glazey goodness.

Oh...my...word.
These are r-i-c-h! I could only handle one and a half before I had to throw in the towel. I'm not sure if our almond milk substitution had something to do with it or not, but our batter was pretty thin (still really good!) & we ended up getting 7 pancakes out of the recipe that was supposed to yield 4 pancakes. So, keep that in mind. Happy Sunday, friends!

1 comment:

Annmaree (Emu) said...

awwww, these look to die for, YUMMO!

Related Posts with Thumbnails