Thursday, November 10, 2011

Furfriend Rusty

Hi, all. I'm coming to you this morning not with a recipe or craft, but with a request. My friend Crystal, who has kindly popped in here from time to time (including a generous donation to Krafts for Katelyn), is in a bit of a jam & could really use a hand. 


Her 2-year-old pup, Rusty, ran away from home recently & when he was found, he wasn't in the best of shape. He may have been hit by a car & had to have surgery to repair his fractured pelvis & femoral head. Surgery, as we all know, is expensive (for people & pups). This one is a jaw-dropping $5,000! I don't know about you, but it would be beyond difficult for me to come up with that kind of cash in only a few days (the vet does not accept payments). The hub & I have been so blessed that our dogs have not required any major medical treatment and I just can't imagine having to worry about money at a time when you should just be worried about getting your pup back in tip-top shape.


To help cover the costs of the surgery, Crystal is selling these calendars that feature her amazing photography skills. They're only $20 & would make for a great gift (for yourself or others!). Please, if you are at all able, consider buying one of these calendars. If you'd simply like to make a monetary donation, please e-mail me (jenniferlstout@gmail.com) & I'll be happy to let you know how you can go about that.

Crystal is one of those people, who is always doing for others. Just recently, she provided free photography sessions for kids in their Halloween costumes in exchange for a donation to her local food bank. When I first started toying with the idea of putting together the Krafts for Katelyn auction, Crystal contacted me before I could contact her & offered to help. She's just that kind of person.

So, what do ya say we lend a hand, friends?

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Thank you so much for sharing this, Jen! <3

Related Posts with Thumbnails