Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A Christmas Tutu

When asked what my sweet lil' 1.5-year-old niece wanted for Christmas, my sis-in-law said that she's into "looking pretty." I bounced around a few ideas & landed on making her a pretty pink & purple tutu.

I went looking & found several tutorials online before settling on this one.

I can't even tell you how easy peasy this is. I got my tulle here  & ended up using two whole rolls ('American Beauty' & 'Purple'). The elastic that I used was 1/2-inch.

And to top it off, the hub & I made her this sparkly crown. I already had the gems & ribbon handy. So, we just picked up a sheet of glittery, pink foam from the craft store, freehanded a template, & cut it out before hot gluing the gems & ribbon.

I'm really happy with how it turned out & I hope my lil' niece is, too. We're so looking forward to seeing her reaction on Christmas morning!

2 comments:

Jaclyn said...

What an amazing idea!!! I love that you MADE that. Soooo sweet.

OliviaShronts said...

Thank u so much for sharing this! I've been wanting to make some for my baby girl! :) u rock Jen!

Related Posts with Thumbnails